Monday, July 2, 2018

Q: How many nail polish bottles can an IKEA Helmer drawer fit?

Answer: Depends on the bottle! 

I measured my drawers (well, I double-checked them against IKEA's online measurements) and my bottles. I then did a little diagram in Illustrator by making shapes to scale of each bottle footprint. 

Not every bottle per shape are exactly the same. They might deviate by a couple of millimetres but they were close enough for an accurate depiction. I tried to fit as many of each shape as possible into the drawer space. Here are the results.


Bottle shape: Rectangle - 110 (or 108 depending on direction)
Holds ~10ml of polish (Brands like Femme Fatale, Blush, SM Polish)


Bottle shape: Circle - 77 if stacked in neat rows. 
Holds ~15ml of polish (Brands like Fancy Gloss, KB Shimmer, Tonic) 

Bottle shape: Circle - 85 if zig-zagged. 
Holds ~15ml of polish (Brands like Fancy Gloss, KB Shimmer, Tonic)


Bottle shape: Square - 104. 
Holds ~11ml of polish (Brands like Emily de Molly, Celestial. Glam Polish / Cupcake Polish bottles are slightly larger.)


Ideally I would store polishes of all the same shape together, but I've decided to go by brand. I have rectangles next to squares etc, although I try to keep one predominant shape in each drawer. I also have glass cabochons painted with the polish in each bottle glued to the bottle cap so I can easily see the colour of each polish, but that is another post altogether.

How do you organise your polish?



2 comments:

  1. Most helpful blog post ever!!! Thank you for all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WONDERFUL! I've bookmarked it. Awesome tool for NPA'S, thank you so so much

    ReplyDelete