Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Polish Pickup August 2018 / Agrabah from Femme Fatale - Swatch & Review

After the month of July off, the Polish Pickup is resuming in August with the theme of 'Musicals'. Femme Fatale have picked the classic Disney cartoon Aladdin! Agrabah is described as "yellow-toned warm terracotta with a strong pinkish glow and brilliant red iridescent shifting flakes."

Lots of photos of this polish, including it being used as a topper to follow. Purchase information will be at the bottom of the post!

Collage of Agrabah by Femme Fatale / Polish Pickup Aug 18
Femme Fatale's inspiration screencap from Aladdin of the city of Agrabah

Bottle shot of Agrabah by Femme Fatale in LED lightbox

Vintage Harlequin Glass Fire Opal. Image from https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/198207762/vintage-opal-glass-cabochons-pink-fire
Vintage Harlequin Glass Fire Opal from Etsy

When I received this polish and tried it out on a swatch stick (I do this to test the formula and to gauge how I apply the polish) images of vintage Harlequinn glass opals flashed into mind.

Macro bottle shot of Agrabah by Femme Fatale in LED lightbox

That warm jelly base... flashes of glowy pink / purple iridescence had my heart right away! Anyone else see the resemblance?

Agrabah by Femme Fatale in natural shade / indirect light
Agrabah by Femme Fatale in natural shade / indirect light

The polish was smooth and easy to apply. I used 2 thin layers, letting the first one dry fully before applying the second to avoid dragging. The polish was almost completely smooth after a layer of top coat, but I added an extra layer to completely smooth out the edges of the larger flakes. 

The different tones of the colour-shifting iridescent flakes really catch the eye in the shade. In certain lighting you can see the pink glow shift to blue which makes the polish just that extra bit more ethereal! 

Close up Agrabah by Femme Fatale in natural shade / indirect light

Agrabah by Femme Fatale in direct sunlight

Macro bottle shot of Agrabah by Femme Fatale in LED lightbox

I also thought Agrabah would look fantastic as a topper. I kept the polish on my ring finger for a comparison and used different coloured cremes on my other 3 fingers.

The polish and brands names for the creme bases are listed below.

Agrabah by Femme Fatale as a topper in natural shade / indirect light
Bottle shots of Agrabah and the creme polish bases in LED lightbox
Agrabah by Femme Fatale as a topper in natural shade / indirect light
Agrabah by Femme Fatale as a topper in natural shade / indirect light with creme polish information


Agrabah by Femme Fatale as a topper with bottle of Emily de Molly's 'Jam Pony' in natural shade / indirect light

Overall I love how versatile this polish is. I don't have anything like this and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks on other swatchers with different skin tones! 

Agrabah is available for purchase during August's Polish Pickup (Aug 3 - 6) and it will be $13 USD with no cap. More information about purchasing and dates are available here

(If you're in Australia like me, postage usually is betweeen ~$17 - $23 USD depending on the weight of your purchases. I can purchase about 10 polishes for the latter price which is amazing to those who know how much international postage can cost!)



1 comment:

  1. I was thinking that I'd pass on this until you layered it over other base shades and now I'm sold!! Thanks for the gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete