Thursday, August 10, 2017

SWATCH - SM Polish (Part 2 of 2)

Today I bring to you the second half of my SM Polish Haul. If you missed Part 1 (where I spoke about the polish formulas in general), you can find it here. Shopping links will be at the bottom, like before. I've also started adding watermarks to my images so I can have them nice and large without fear of them being stolen. I think it's fairly subtle, anyway.

I will be showing you Envious, Violetta (with nail art), The Emperor's New Clothes, and I Blue Up the Dance Floor in this half. I didn't get to doing photos of Pink Fizz as I'm midst Fibro flare-up, and I wanted to have this up as I've taken long enough. I might add it retrospectively. Anyway, let's get on with it!



♥♥♥

One of my unexpected loves in this collection was Violetta. Violetta is a warm-toned, slightly dusty purple creme with small gold flecks and larger magenta hex glitter running through the polish. Like the general SM Polish formula, it was opaque in 2-3 thin coats, depending on your application, and applied smoothly. Here is Violetta in a lightbox and flash (first image only) and direct sunlight - how lovely is the colour? I thought it looked sweet without being too saccharine. You can see a hint of the magenta glitter through each layer, making it look complex yet dreamy.




And the bottle shot, of course:


I couldn't let such a pretty base go without doing a bit of stamping!



Here is what I used:
Stamping plates - Emily de Molly (EDM19 and EDM03)
Stamping colours - Mundo de Unas in Yellow and White. 

♥♥♥

The Emperor's New Clothes is a sheer taupe / nude shade with blue, pink, and purple hex glitters. While I have seen it built up, I prefer it best as a topper over other polishes, or alternatively worn with 1-2 coats for a twist on a sheer nude polish. 

Here I have 4 layers of TWNC on my pointer; 3 on my middle finger; 2 on my ring finger, and 1 on my pinky. 



And here is some examples of it worn as a topper. It gives a slight warmth to any polish it is topped over because of the colour, and it applies evenly sheer. 


One coat of The Emperor's New Clothes over 'Flick Kick' by MckFresh Nail Attire.
Stamping Plate image from Emily de Molly (EDM19) and Stamping Polish from Mundo de Unas.


One coat of The Emperor's New Clothes over a rainbow watermarble using Alter Ego Body Care Products. Pardon my cuticles, the many layers etc did not help how they looked at all.
(Post with this coming soon!)


♥♥♥

Envious is another polish from the 'Feelings' collection, along with 'Desire'. It is a warm, olive-toned green with a similar formula to First Glow where it seems like a foil, but without the normal streakiness of a foiled polish. I think this was a little harder to apply than first glow - probably the polish that was the least easy to apply out of all I tried, although it isn't a difficult one by any means: The polish formulas in general are just that good!



Are you reading for this close up? Check out that complex foiled texture in the next image. I'm not even sure which is the base and which is the extra shimmer (I'm guessing gold just based on the bottle shot). You can still kind of see some brushstrokes on my ring finger nail, but only when it catches the light, and not even close to the annoying lines most foil / metallic polishes have. I actually am not a huge fan of foils / metallics for this reason, but this formula changes that.


That sparkle... swoon. It makes me think of a long exposure of a night sky, or an image of a galaxy. Which coincidentally, is SM Polish's next release - I'm so excited!


♥♥♥

Last but not least, I Blue Up the Dance Floor is from the Neon Rave collection, which is about to be discontinued - if you like it, go nab it right this moment!. This was 3 thin coats and was a very unique solid blue jelly-creme formula with silver glassy flecks.. It is slightly more yellow-blue than a cobalt, but it's hard to capture the shade on camera. This was as close as I could get it. I have never really been a huge neon fan but this polish rides the line between 'my eyes burn' and 'I want to bathe in it' perfectly. It also stamps really well - you can see the evidence in Part 1!




And that concludes my haul! What was your favourite polish(es) that I reviewed? My favs, if I *had* to narrow it down, would probably be Sly as A Fox, Mum's the Word, First Glow, and Violetta. It is clearly a struggle for me to choose.

Violetta and The Emperor's New Clothes no longer in web store
Envious
I Blue Up the Dancefloor

No comments:

Post a Comment