Monday, August 14, 2017

NAIL ART - Spooky Sailor

Just a quick post of some nail art I forgot I did. The polish I was wearing made me think of ocean waves under moonlight. When thinking of glinting bits (okay that sounds a bit suspicious) and rolling waves, my brain conjures up haunted ships and unyieling fog. I decided to go with a spooky nautical / ghost pirate theme. Yes, really. More photos and details post-jump.

The base polish I used / star of the show is 'Crepsular Awakening' from the Femme Fatale Cosmetics and Emily de Molly collaboration collection a couple of months back. I have 3/4 of the collection swatched that will appear here when finished in one post. 

Crepsular Awakening is a thermal that transitions between an sapphire blue (cold) to a silver-grey (warm). Most of my FFC thermals transition very easily but as I got this in the dead of winter, I only saw the change when held in hot water. That is actually how I got the photo, by warming up my hands under the tap before running outside. Yep. Picture that how you will.

The base is packed with different sized glitters - most seem to be silver with a sprinkling of smaller holo ones. Polish is shown here in 3 thin coats of a sheered-out shimmer base with topcoat (Seche Vite). Each layer dried quickly between coats, much like most FF polishes.

Crepsular Awakening by Femme Fatale / Image @bilbypaws

I've added the photos from ( cold - transitioning - warm ) states. I stamped a skull and crossbones design from the CjS 'Boo' plate in white, and then freehanded some stripes in white and dark blue over my ring finger. Well, that's kinda nautical, right? Finally I 
adhered over a tacky base coat some multichrome glitter which had a black base and a foil sheen that shifted from green to orange on top of the dark blue stripes. That is meant to be pirate booty. (Look, just go with it.) 

Spooky Sailor Nail Art / Crepsular Awakening (cold) by Femme Fatale / Image @bilbypaws

Spooky Sailor Nail Art / Crepsular Awakening (transitioning) by Femme Fatale / Image @bilbypaws

Spooky Sailor Nail Art / Crepsular Awakening (warm) by Femme Fatale / Image @bilbypaws

Taa-daa. The gothy pirate ship of your (my) dreams! I love how you can see the hint of blue trying to creep its way back in in the very last photo. That's how cold it was.

In this I used:

Stamping colour - Mundo de Unas in White
Glitter - 1mm flakes from eBay 
Tacky Base Coat - Emily de Molly 'Special Effects Base Coat'

No comments:

Post a Comment