Saturday, June 9, 2018

Fancy Gloss 'Pocketful of Pansies' (Thermal)

A couple of weeks ago I placed a small order with Fancy Gloss, a US indie polish brand known for their amazing thermals and formula. They have monthly restocks and new releases and there was a sale on so I had to nab some polishes I had been eyeing for a while.

I picked up 3 thermals; images here are swatches from Jackie, Fancy Gloss' owner & creator. They were what was used on the website listing.
From L-R: A Pocketful of Pansies, Seraphinite, and Black Thermal Top Coat (images from Jackie, Fancy Gloss' owner & creator)
From L-R: A Pocketful of Pansies, Seraphinite, and Black Thermal Top Coat

Today I have some pictures of A Pocketful of Pansies with some nail art! This polish is sooo beautifully squishy, and I used just 2 thin coats in these photos. You do have to work fast as the polish dries quickly to get a smooth, even coat. No overworking here!

Transitioning state of 'A Pocketful of Pansies' from Fancy Gloss.



The most gorgeous squishy yellow (warm) to chartreuse to plummy dark purple (cold). It does get much darker, almost black to the eye when really cold, I just couldn't capture it here. This is with my DSLR in my LED lightbox - check out my snazzy new glittery backdrop and all the pretty bokeh.

Warm state (yellow) of 'A Pocketful of Pansies' from Fancy Gloss
Warm state (yellow) of 'A Pocketful of Pansies' from Fancy Gloss.

Cool to cold state (plummy brown to dark purple) of 'A Pocketful of Pansies' from Fancy Gloss.
Cool to cold state (plummy brown to dark purple) of 'A Pocketful of Pansies' from Fancy Gloss.

I did some stamping on top with an offbrand plate and a Born Pretty XL squishy jelly stamper. Black stamping polish is from Emily de Molly and the little mustard blobs I coloured in on the stamp are from Mundo de Uñas. I added little gold balls over my tacky Emily de Molly base coat before top coat. 


Here's a quick video clip of the transition I posted on my Instagram account:

A post shared by Shauna (@bilbypaws) on
And finally, a macro of my pointer finger:

Macro of transitioning state of 'A Pocketful of Pansies' from Fancy Gloss
Macro of transitioning state of 'A Pocketful of Pansies' from Fancy Gloss.

I loooove that it looks like some random abstract art mani when cold but warmed up there is all this detail. I can't wait to try the other 2 polishes out!

Fancy Gloss Shop /  Fancy Gloss Facebook Group  /  Fancy Gloss Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment