Friday, September 22, 2017

SWATCH - 'Clever Girl' from Femme Fatale (Thermal)

Today I'm sharing some shots of 'Clever Girl' from Femme Fatale's 'Welcome to Mars' collection. Femme Fatale is one of my favourite indie nail brands and I own some amazing thermals from them. Clever Girl is shifts from a bright candy red when cold to a clear jelly base when warm, leaving full view of the multitude of golden glitter on display.

I believe the red jelly base leans pink, but the gold glitters in the mix can make it look orange-leaning. It's one of those little details that elevates a good polish into a complex beauty. It is indeed the transitioning state of 'Clever Girl' that really caught my eye - it becomes this lovely sheer pink-red gradient polish with that gold glitter peeking through. It makes me think of a juicy ripe peach, for whatever reason. Do you see that, or is it just me? I've saved my final image for last so do endeavour to make it to the end of the post!

Here I have applied 3 thin coats with a Seche Vite top coat. 

'Clever Girl' by Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Image @bilbypaws
Full mani in cold state (red)
'Clever Girl' by Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Image @bilbypaws
Full mani in transitioning state (cold to warm)


Recently I purchased a macro attachment for my camera lens, and this is the first mani I tried it on. Here are some super close-ups of all the finer details that I find myself getting lost in.

'Clever Girl' by Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Image @bilbypaws
Macro of cold state (candy red base)
'Clever Girl' by Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Image @bilbypaws
Macro of transitioning state (clear-pink-red base)
'Clever Girl' by Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Image @bilbypaws
Macro of almost fully warm state (clear base except for a tinge of pink on the nail tip)
'Clever Girl' by Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Image @bilbypaws
Macro of transitioning state (clear-pink-red base)

Dat gold shimmer. That sprinkling of holo rainbow bokeh. Swoooon. I believe Clever Girl might be still available at some FF stockists, so move your butt along if you've decided you need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment