Tuesday, July 25, 2017

SWATCH - AngelKiss Nail Lacquer (Nom Nom Collection)

Hello!

I am newly trying to navigate this whole blog thing so please bear with me. Mistakes might be made.

In my inaugural post to this site, I am going to show you some swatches and notes from AngelKiss Nail Lacquer. AngelKiss Nail Lacquer is run by Alba, and I believe was formerly a running indie polish company. At the moment Alba mostly swatches and reviews, and occasionally releases a preorder collection like this one.

This collection is titled the 'Nom Nom' collection and is composed of a collection of six polishes inspired by and named after desserts: Choc Mint, Strawberry Creme Brulee, Mocha Frosting, Coffee Fudge, Cotton Candy, and Sugar Sprinkles. (Note: I know it's Crème Brûlée to the pedantic, but I'm going with how the polish creator wrote it in my review.)

I preordered four of the polishes which can be seen in the bottle shot below:

 



(From L-R) Choc Mint, Strawberry Creme Brulee, Mocha Frosting, and Sugar Sprinkles.

The colours in this photo are as accurate as I could get them to real-life shades. They were shot in a softbox with a speedlight. Individual swatches and some nail art after the jump!


First up is Choc Mint. Alba describes it as "a mint creme shade that's loaded with micro fine holographic glitters and multi coloured flakies. Opaque in two coats."

This is probably my favourite shade - it is a creamy mint that leans slightly sage. There are subtle sprinklings of fine rainbow glitter and some larger flecks that really does pay its dues to the name. 'Choc Mint' looks ready to eat!

Application was two thin coats for me: under flash there is a hint of VNL but this is not visible in other lighting situations. I wouldn't add another coat - my favourite thing about this silky formula is that it doesn't look gluggy. There is depth to the polish so I believe a little sheerness is necessary to keep it that way, although others might feel differently. The polish also dried really quickly - I couldn't ask for a better formula.

I also did some Nail Art over this base which you can view here.
  

  

Next is Strawberry Creme Brulee, described as "a pale/baby pink creme shade. Opaque in two coats".

This is a straight up pastel creme dream. (Say that ten times fast!) It looks so sweet, I'm getting tooth rot in the best possible way. I find pastels can usually get quite gluggy in formula, but this one had a nice smooth formula like the others in the collection. This was not two coats for me. I built it up in three coats for opacity - two thin coats, then I floated on a third coat to get full coverage. (Bear in mind others with paler skin could get away with two coats.)

I accidentally went wayyy too hard with my Seche Vite top coat so if it looks thick that's operator error on my part!

I also did some Nail Art that featured both Strawberry Creme Brulee and Sugar Sprinkles that you can view here.
  

I'm adding Sugar Sprinkles to the mix next - "a pastel Purple scattered holo shade. Opaque in 2 coats."

Sugar Sprinkles is a blue-toned purple glitter bomb packed with as many sparkly bits as the name suggests. There is a linear holographic that reflects that beloved holo-rainbow in the right light.

Application was similar to the others: two thin coats, although I used three here to build depth, which is my standard with glitter polishes.
  


And here is a bottle shot that captures that linear holo:
  


And last but not least, Mocha Frosting, a "neutral creme shade with a sprinkle of scattered holographic pigment. Opaque in two coats".

This is a mid-on creme brown with glitter - mostly seems silver, with rainbow from some angles. I love this colour in the bottle, but for some reason it pulls purple on me in real life. You can actually see the slight difference between the shade in the bottle and on my nails here - it was much more visible to me worn. I think if my skin tone was darker or lighter (I'm usually around foundation shades with the words 'sandy' or 'golden' in them but with a much more yellow undertone) this colour would have really popped, however. 

Application was a dream like the others - two thin coats, although I could have gotten away with just one.
  


So, what do you all think? Is this a collection you would wear? Do you think I should have ordered the other two polishes in the Nom Nom collection? Which one was your favourite shade? I would love to hear from you!

P.S. Don't forget to check out the nail art I did with these polishes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment